Christmas is a time to celebrate with your loved ones, and what better way to do that than by making them presents?
When it comes to Christmas gifts, there’s nothing quite as special as giving something you’ve made yourself. And who doesn’t love a homemade gift? Look no further if you’re looking for easy Christmas gifts for kids that you can make at home.
Whether you’re a crafty mom or dad, these 10 Christmas gift ideas for kids will be sure to please. From easy-peasy ornaments to delicious treats, these DIY Christmas gifts are perfect for the kiddos in your life.
10 Homemade Christmas Gifts for Kids
Here are 10 easy Christmas present ideas that you can make:
1. Making Holiday Wreaths
Handmade holiday wreaths are the perfect inexpensive Christmas present for kids. All your friends and family will love receiving one of these, which you may fashion into whatever form you choose.
- To begin making a wreath, cut the cloth into the appropriate form. You may either use a template or cut it out by yourself.
- The cloth should next be attached to the wood frame using a hot glue gun or equivalent adhesive.
- Allow the adhesive to cool before attaching the final wreath to its recipient!
2. Cardboard box piggy banks
Making piggy banks out of recycled cardboard is another simple yet thoughtful Christmas present idea for your bundles of joy!
- Cut a hole in the top of each box and connect it to the bottom of an old toy chest or dresser using a hot glue gun or similar adhesive. Your children will enjoy having their bank at home!
3. Decorating Cookies in Foil
On the lookout for simple DIY holiday presents for kids? You may use foil to adorn your cookie creations. Doing this may show your kids how much you care creatively and entertainingly.
- Initially, coat the cookie with cooking spray.
- The cookie should be placed on a sheet of sturdy foil (like aluminum foil).
- Spray the cookie both on the top and the bottom.
- Cut the biscuit in half horizontally using a sharp knife. Be sure to go all the way around the cookie.
- Add icing or chocolate chips to make the shapes you choose on your cookie.
- When you’re finished, remove the film and give your little one a treat!
4. Painting with Watercolors
Painting with watercolors is a simple Christmas present for kids that you can prepare at home. This fun family project allows you to use some of your child’s holiday decorating items.
You’ll need watercolors and a canvas or painting board to get started.
- You may draw or photocopy images of your child’s favorite Christmas figures on the canvas.
- Then, using watercolors, have the youngster paint them.
This is a simple project that can be accomplished in a matter of hours. Once completed, your kid will have a lovely Christmas gift they made themselves!
5. Making Gingerbread Houses
Why not construct a gingerbread home for your child as a simple Christmas present? This enjoyable project may be completed at home and is guaranteed to satisfy your Beelzebub.
You’ll need the following items to build a gingerbread house: gingerbread mix, baking powder, water, and oil.
- Combine the gingerbread mix, water, and baking powder until it is moist but not sticky.
- Add enough oil to thicken it.
- When the mixture is finished, mold it into a home with your hands or a spoon. Have fun and be creative!
- When you’re completed, set the home on a baking sheet to cool entirely before decorating it.
6. Making Hot Cocoa Mix
Homemade hot cocoa mix is a simple and inexpensive Christmas present idea. Kids will enjoy this simple but enjoyable activity.
The ingredients for the hot cocoa mix are simple: cocoa powder, sugar, milk, and melted butter.
- You first need to mix the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Then, beat in the milk slowly until a uniform consistency is reached.
- In the end, drizzle melted butter over the top.
If you want to save any later, you may put the cocoa mix in a sealed container or a reusable mug. On chilly winter days, this delightful drink will be a welcome treat for kids to take along.
7. Making Cheerios Name Tags
This present is ideal for any child who enjoys cereal. You need cheerios, a hot glue gun, and colorful name tags.
- Simply hot glue the tags on the tops of the cheerios boxes, and your youngster will be beaming from ear to ear (and perhaps eating on their cereal!).
8. Customized Photo Books
Making a photo book with unique pictures is a simple and inexpensive Christmas present idea for kids. Doing something like this is a beautiful way to show your kids how much you care and to preserve the essential memories you make with them throughout the year.
To create this present, you will need the following: access to the internet, a computer, a picture editing application, and photographs of the children. Pictures may be taken by you or borrowed from friends and relatives.
- Choose the pictures you wish to include. They might be organized by year or theme (such as trips or celebrations) (e.g., 2018, 2019).
- Launch your preferred image editor and begin making layouts. The pages are editable regarding text, images, and other media. You may make individual books for each of your children if you have more than one.
Your little ones will surely appreciate this simple but enjoyable Christmas present. They may reflect on their most cherished experiences, knowing they were uniquely designed for them.
9. DIY Christmas Ornaments
DIY Christmas decorations are the perfect last-minute present for kids of all ages. Ornaments made from random household items are sure to be a hit with your kiddies.
Using a piece of recyclable material as the foundation for a homemade Christmas ornament is a simple but effective technique. An ancient decoration, for instance, may serve as the foundation for your new creation. String, decorations, and other bright embellishments would look great on it.
Similarly, a construction paper Christmas ornament is a do-it-yourself option. A pair of scissors and some durable paper are all that is required.
- Make an ornament by cutting out a pattern or picture from the paper
- Reduce the size of the cutouts further to use as embellishments.
- The ornaments are ready for your touch of glitter, sequins, and other decorations.
10. Making Homemade Playdough
With Christmas approaching, it’s time to start the merriment with the little ones in your family. And nothing beats seeing them relax and have fun. Homemade playdough is a great Christmas present since it is inexpensive and straightforward.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and oil, and mix well.
- Add water to make a workable dough.
- Knead the dough for ten minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch on a floured surface.
- Use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut out your chosen shapes.
- Put the pieces of playdough on a baking sheet that has been oiled gently and let them dry for approximately 30 minutes.
It can be tricky shopping for kids, especially if you don’t know what they want. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune on gifts – with a bit of creativity and some basic supplies.
You can whip up some easy ideas for Christmas presents that your kids will love with these 10 ideas for Christmas gifts that you can make at home!
Lisa Sisson is the Marketing Manager at Find Me A Gift. Being a shopping fanatic, Lisa is always on the lookout for seeking trending products and gift ideas for her readers. She loves picking people’s brains to figure out what gifts would fascinate them and leave them awe-struck. When she’s out of office, you’ll find her baking biscuits for her family and friends.